Learn to create a full 3D architectural project model from the ground up using Autodesk Revit. Utilize basic tools that the majority of architectural users need to create walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, roofs, and stairs. Navigate the Revit user interface and use the basic drawing, editing, sketching, modifying, and viewing tools of the software. Discover the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Revit software. By the end of the course, you will be able to create levels and grids as datum elements for a model, add component features, such as furniture and equipment, and set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Explain the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- Use basic sketching and modifying tools
- Link CAD and Revit files to begin a project
- Create levels and grids as datum elements for a model
- Create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Add component features to a model, such as furniture and equipment
- Add floors, ceilings, and roofs to a building model
- Model stairs, railings, and ramps
- Set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset. Basic working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
Textbook is required at the first class meeting and is available at the KSU Center bookstore.
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. All virtual classes will be recorded.