Advance your skills in the AutoCAD workspace and gain the final pieces of knowledge you need to pursue the Autodesk certification after the class. Learn to work with advanced tables, annotations, editing and viewing tools of the AutoCAD software. You will create advanced dynamic blocks and attributes and learn about sheet sets. Prepare to publish and use collaboration tools all while managing layers and learning to use the right tools for optimal performance. You will complete a hands-on project in this program that can be used in your professional portfolio. Textbook is required at the first class meeting and is available at the KSU Center bookstore. Internet access is also required. Access to the AutoCAD software outside of the classroom is recommended, but not required for successful completion.
- Demonstrate how to navigate the AutoCAD software and system setup
- Demonstrate how to work with advanced text objects and tables
- Organize and manage drawings using layers
- Define dynamic blocks and attributes
- Use publishing, collaboration, and automation tools
- Show how to publish, create, and customize sheet sets
- Demonstrate how to customize the AutoCAD user interface to increase productivity
- Use macros and custom routines
AutoCAD Essentials and AutoCAD Intermediate or equivalent experience. High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to computer and Internet are required.
Special notice: This class will be delivered online. You will need access to an internet connection that remains stable for the duration of the class. Though a chat feature is available, a microphone is preferred. For most productive audio/video participation, a webcam and/or headset are encouraged. All virtual classes will be recorded.