In this course, you'll learn how to create your own blog, audio, and video podcast. Through hands-on activities in each lesson, you'll practice working with free tools like Blogger, WordPress, Audacity, and YouTube, and you'll explore opportunities to use tools like these for personal, business, educational, and political projects.
Note: This is a PC supported course; however, Mac users may still enroll. Mac users should expect to make adjustments based on their operating system differences especially during the podcast portion of the course. In addition, Mac users will download different versions of audio editing software and video editing software that will differ from the directions presented in the course.
- Examine blogs on a variety of topics, and explore different reasons for blogging.
- Explore the pros and cons of different blogging software, create a blog account, decide on a design for your blog, and set privacy levels.
- Add an image to your first blog entry, publish your post, set up comment capabilities, and promote your blog.
- Find out how podcasting works, listen to a few podcasts, and plan your own.
- Create your podcasting studio, learn how to make your voice count, and then record your podcast.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. Students should expect to download free online programs including an audio editing program during the class in order to create a blog and podcast.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button for the ‘Self-Paced’ class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.