Learn to identify and address every aspect of responsive Web design: from scaling elements and adjusting page layout, to adapting color schemes and implementing accessible forms. Master how to use HTML5 linked to media queries in CSS3 to adapt content to fit the user's viewport. Understand how to build sites that are intuitive, inviting, accessible, and attractive in every possible device and environment. Design fully responsive websites optimized for smartphones, tablets, and laptop/desktop viewing environments.
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent HTML or Web authoring tool experience)
- Learn to apply relative units of measurement to optimize images and text in different viewports and environments.
- Design responsive menus that adapt to desktop or laptop environments as well as smartphones and tablets.
- Discover responsive color schemes and fonts and test them for contrast value and readability.
- Use HTML5 tags to make content that users can expand and collapse.
- Compress images and videos while maintaining quality and minimizing download time.
- Create forms to collect data from website visitors.
- Discover tools for providing mobile users with an app-like experience on your responsive website.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
Upon registration, you will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.