Gain tips for crafting content to bring your website or blog more visitors, increased sales, and better search rankings. Learn how to develop a website writing style that speaks to your readers' needs and ensures that your content is clear and easy-to-understand. Discover various forms of multimedia, from images and infographics to slideshows and screencasts, as well as ways to encourage interaction with your readers, such as polls, surveys, and quizzes. Finally, examine ways to make your online copywriting appear as professional and authoritative as possible. By the end of this course, your content will be well on its way to rising to the top of the billions of pages on the Web.
- Identify the three key areas for making effective web content.
- Create outlines for organizing web content and learn tools for ensuring content is plain language and easy to understand.
- Write content that builds relationships with your readers using power words and keywords.
- Learn various types of multimedia that will draw new visitors to your site.
- Become familiar with copyright and trademark laws and identify common writing errors that can lower the value readers place on your web content.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
Upon registration, you will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.