Learn to use HTML5 tags to make page design far more intuitive, faster, and easier compared to older versions of HTML. You will also learn to use HTML5 to create basic mobile pages and apps, as well as video that works in any environment. HTML5 makes it possible to build inviting forms that test user data without back-end coding. It also allows designers to include friendly tools like calendars, calculators, and color palettes to encourage accurate user input.
Discover the new CSS3 features essential for fast-loading, exciting, interactive websites, especially mobile sites. Create complex gradient blend backgrounds for pages and page elements, without using image files. You will learn to use jQuery Mobile to create app-like mobile Web pages and themes.
Prerequisite: CSS3 and HTML5 Intermediate (or equivalent experience).
- Survey the basic techniques involved in building modern Web pages with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Use CSS3 gradient backgrounds and Web fonts to create inviting websites and test HTML and CSS code for errors.
- Use HTML5 to create Native video and forms, and use semantic elements to structure Web page content.
- Use media queries to design distinct looks for different-sized browsing environments.
- Create app-like mobile Web pages using jQuery Mobile and ThemeRoller to define styling elements on your mobile site.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
Upon registration, you will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.