Take your CSS3 and HTML5 skills to the next level and learn how to create professional-quality Web sites. You'll find out the methods the pros use to quickly build effective sites that are easy to maintain and modify. You'll discover the secrets to ensuring you keep total creative control over every aspect of a site. You'll master specific techniques for creating flexible, table-less page layouts that adapt to all Web browsers, screen resolutions, and user needs. And you'll learn how to build accessibility and search engine optimization into those page layouts.
Prerequisite: CSS3 and HTML5 Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Use advanced selectors to create more powerful style rules.
- Master CSS3 floats, and use them to style a page layout.
- Master advanced techniques for working with lists and navigation bars.
- Master methods for sizing and positioning elements in columns.
- Discover techniques for designing layouts that optimize search engine indexing.
- Make your site more accessible to people with sensory and motor disabilities.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, a text editor (like Windows Notepad), and completion of CSS and XHTML Introduction (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.