Learn how to create state-of-the-art Web sites using modern CSS3 and HTML5 techniques. Take your existing HTML skills to the next level and start building sites like the pros. If you want to survive and excel in the fast-paced world of Web publishing, you're going to need to keep up with ever-evolving standards. The new standard for Web developers is to use CSS3 and HTML5.
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent experience)
- Understand the importance of CSS3 and HTML5 in creating modern Web sites.
- Create and use a style sheet to give your Web site a consistent look and feel.
- Create multicolumn Web pages using modern HTML5 techniques.
- Understand the difference between static, relative, absolute, and fixed positioning schemes.
- Debug, validate, and prepare your Web pages for publication.
This course is part of the Web Design Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, a text editor (like Windows Notepad), and completion of Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.