The lure of travel is surpassed only by the inevitable desire to bring home pictures and share your adventures. Join us and discover the world through a photographer's eye. This course will address the tools and tricks that enable digital photographers to capture scenes from around the world and bring them home. We'll share various examples from destinations across the globe, and expand your knowledge of techniques for shooting digitally and working with the images after you get back.
Prerequisite: Secrets of Better Photography (or equivalent photography experience)
- Explore landscape photography, and discuss methods for getting sharp images.
- Discover ways to capture images of animals, both in the wild and in captivity.
- Understand the way water and light change photographic opportunities.
- Prepare for tropical conditions that can affect your camera, and learn about macro photography.
- Work within a cold environment to capture motion and properly exposed images.
- Learn how to make the most of the photographic opportunities you'll find at sea.
- Investigate options for effective photography while in the air.
- Experiment with tools for touring a city and capturing motion.
- Learn effective ways to sort and share your travel images, and prepare for your next journey.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and completion of Secrets of Better Photography (or equivalent photography experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.