Photographing people can be fun, exciting and complicated! This course will make taking beautiful pictures of adults, children, and babies simple. Don't be nervous if you're new to digital photography, because we'll start with the basic principles you need to know in order to become a skilled people photographer. You'll discover the best way to shoot faces, fix common close-up problems, and use digital photo editing techniques to retouch your photos and make other improvements.
- Learn the basics of photographing people, including lens options, lighting, subject management, and related skills.
- Discover how to take portraits and group shots, with a focus on placement, angles, lighting, and related subjects.
- Discover how to photograph children and babies, with topics that include placement, posing, and solving common problems.
- Learn how to take action shots and action photos that evoke certain images in this lesson.
- Go beyond the standard posed photo; learn how to use moods and themes to create interesting people photos.
- Put your computer to work and reshape, edit, and fix common photo problems with digital editing software.
- Learn advanced editing techniques such as removing objects and working with composites.
- Learn how to get the best print output from your photos.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, a digital camera, and a digital editing program (Photoshop Elements is preferred).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.