Join us and explore the world of digital photography! This course provides an introduction to the fascinating technology that catapulted the photographic world into the 21st century. We'll discuss the basics of digital photography, equipment, software, the digital darkroom, printing, Internet and email use, along with commercial and personal applications. You'll learn what you need, what you can do, and what fun you can have. Whether you're new to photography or a longtime professional making the change to the digital world, this class will provide an introduction to new opportunities.
- Understand what digital photography is and its place in the history of photography.
- Discuss and evaluate features and functions of digital cameras and what to look for when shopping.
- Become familiar with the resources for digital photographers on computers and the Internet.
- Investigate basic and advanced digital editing options.
- Examine the equipment available for scanning film and prints, as well as options for restoring damaged prints.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, email, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. Does NOT require a digital camera.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.