In this Adobe InDesign class, you'll get hands-on desktop publishing training and come away knowing how to use this popular page layout software to design and create professional quality letterhead, business cards, brochures, PDF files that play movies, and more. You'll discover that you don't have to be a designer or an artist to produce professional quality documents!
- Find out how to make your way around the program and create a logo.
- Discover ways to create and save a new document and customize settings.
- Learn how to use aligning, grouping, and layout tools to produce sheets of business cards and address stickers.
- Find out how to use columns and organize frames for images, text, and graphics.
- Learn how to insert and edit text using text frames and the Story Editor.
- Discover how to use Object and Paste tools to display images and graphics.
- Get to know how to select and use colors, apply color to different objects, and use color for special effects.
- Explore different ways to build and format tables and their contents.
- Discover some InDesign timesavers - formatting the appearance of text and paragraphs, and reusing colors.
- Explore different options for printing a document from your computer - through a professional printer or using an Adobe PDF file.
- Find out how to convert an InDesign project to different formats, including images, Web pages, and a PDF file with a movie.
This course is part of the Print Media Technology Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe InDesign CS5, CS6 or CC. Software is not included in course fee. Other Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are used in preparation of the course materials, although they aren't necessary to complete the course. Access to these programs is useful for personal project development.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.