Discover how search engines work and how important events have shaped the entire Search Engine Optimization (SEO) industry. Learn which search engines are used the most frequently, and which ones you must absolutely get your site listed in. Master important HTML tags and understand how to use them effectively and ethically. Explore exciting and free online tools that can help you choose the most popular keywords related to the topic of your Web site. Domain, folder, and file naming conventions are discussed along with content layout and its effect on search engine positions. The entire SEO cycle is covered in detail, from primary keyword selection through the post-submission analysis. By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge and the know-how to achieve top search engine positions!
Prerequisite: Creating Web Pages (HTML) or equivalent HTML experience
- Understand the history of search engines and directories, and how search engines function.
- Master key HTML tags and parameters that are required for Search Engine Optimization.
- Understand how domain names, file names, and folder names affect search engine positioning.
- Learn about spamming techniques to stay away from.
- Learn the various ways to submit your Web site to search engines.
- Discover effective offline promotion techniques to boost your search engine rankings.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, Creating Web Pages (HTML) (or equivalent experience).
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.