Are you ready to take your Photoshop skills to the next level? Then join us and learn advanced techniques for using Adobe Photoshop to edit your images and photos. Imagine being able to undo or revise changes you've already made without losing image quality or needing to start over! If you've already mastered Photoshop's basic tools and commands, you'll find it easy to master the nondestructive editing techniques we'll cover. Once you see what nondestructive editing can do for you, you'll never look back!
Prerequisite: Photoshop Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Create, reorder, and save a layered image.
- Use Blend modes in conjunction with Smart Objects, Smart Filters, and layer styles to create artistic photo interpretations nondestructively.
- Retouch and restore a damaged photo using nondestructive methods and layers.
- Use Adjustment layers for nondestructive color correction.
- Create and use black-and-white layer masks.
- Use layer masks in practical projects.
- Create and use grayscale layer masks.
- Create, use, and edit Solid Color Fill, Gradient Fill, and Pattern Fill layers.
- Discover clipping masks and layer groups.
- Create and use Smart Objects.
- Transform images with scaling, rotating, and warping.
This course is part of the Graphics & Animation Certificate.
This course is part of the Print Media Technology Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS6. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.