Adobe Illustrator is the program of choice for many graphic and visual artists. It allows you to draw and manipulate artwork, add special effects, apply color, and much, much more. This program also sets the industry standard for creating vector images, which you can resize without loss of quality. Whether you're looking to do a little more with your art or to design professionally, this class will give you the Illustrator training you need!
- Discover Illustrator while creating a Live Trace image.
- Create and manipulate geometric shapes.
- Develop color schemes and apply color to objects.
- Use the Layers panel and Appearance panels to group, rearrange, and style objects.
- Create, refine, and edit pencil paths.
- Use the Type tool to create and edit text.
- Use the Pen tool to create shapes and trace drawings.
- Create and apply brushes in the Brushes panel.
- Shade and create special effects with the Blend tool.
- Create and color gradient mesh objects using the Mesh tool.
- Create and use 2-D and 3-D symbols.
This course is part of the Graphics & Animation Certificate.
This course is part of the Print Media Technology Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Adobe Illustrator CS6. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart'button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.