Take your Adobe Dreamweaver skills to the next level! Examine pure CSS layout and learn how to incorporate multimedia elements such as Flash video and audio. Discover the uses of XML and XSL. In this intermediate-level Dreamweaver class, you'll learn to harness the power of this industry-standard Web design tool. You'll learn how to use standards-compliant Cascading Style Sheets to create Web pages that are easier to maintain and more search engine-friendly.
Prerequisite: Dreamweaver Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Discuss CSS syntax; examine inline, embedded, and external style sheets; and explore the features of the CSS Styles panel.
- Get acquainted with various methods for creating navigation elements.
- Discover how Dreamweaver templates can simplify site maintenance.
- Learn how to use tools Dreamweaver provides and CSS to control how your Web pages are displayed on different devices such as printers, cell phones, and PDAs.
- Get acquainted with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and discover how to make your pages more accessible to users with disabilities.
- Learn to incorporate media objects into your Web pages.
- Explore the XML and XSL languages, and see how they team up with Dreamweaver.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6. Software is not included in course fee.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.