This course, the second of two courses, reviews the key terminology and concepts needed to ace the exam, all in a condensed format for rapid reading. The course provides helpful study tools, including crossword puzzles, games, and practice questions to aid your learning. All of the content is geared toward helping you prepare to pass the exam so you can leave the test center with your Security+ passing score in hand.
Prerequisite: CompTIA Security+ Certification Preparation 1
Note: CompTIA recommends that you have A+ and Network+ certifications and two years of on-the-job networking experience, prior to taking this exam. These certifications and the work experience aren't absolutely required, but you should have substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking and computer and networking hardware to get the most out of this course and understand the concepts and terminology required for the exam.
- Review the Security+ exam and its objectives, and explore authentication and how it's different from authorization and identification.
- Manage user accounts, implement appropriate password policies, and securely assign privileges to users.
- Recognize the importance of data security by studying data loss prevention systems, data encryption applications and devices, and considerations for off-site and remote data storage.
- Get to know general cryptography concepts, and find out how to use and apply appropriate cryptographic tools and products.
- Review the key terms and concepts you'll see on the Security+ exam, and get some helpful test-taking tips.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification is strongly recommended, but not required. You should have substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking prior to signing up for this course.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.