In this six-week course, you'll learn everything you need to know to pass the exam and get your CompTIA Security+ certificate. This is not a course on how to study for the exam. This course is fully self-contained and contains everything you need to know to ace the exam and leave the exam center with your Security+ credential in-hand.
Note: CompTIA recommends that you have A+ and Network+ certifications, and two years on-the-job networking experience, prior to preparing for this exam. We don't require that much. But you should have substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking prior to signing up for this course.
- Understand the goals of security and the tools and techniques used to achieve them.
- Get familiar with access-control methods, attack surface, and threats posed by social engineering.
- Recognize common attack methods and determine actions required to minimize vulnerability.
- Understand the Public Key Infrastructure, Key Management, and Certificate Lifecycles.
- Get familiar with security baselines and techniques for hardening systems against attack.
- Explore the implications of security policies, procedures, training, and disaster recovery.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification is strongly recommended, but not required. You should have substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking prior to signing up for this course.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.