This course will teach you everything you need to know to take and pass the challenging CompTIA Network+ certification exam and become an excellent network technician. You'll learn about the OSI Seven-Layer model, protocol suites, modern network operating systems, network hardware, cabling standards, remote connectivity, Internet connections, cloud computing, network security, network troubleshooting, and more. This course will prepare you for the current exam objectives (N10-007).
Prerequisite: CompTIA A+ certification is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Get a high-level look at the Network+ certification and what it takes to earn it, then move on to learn the basics of Ethernet, including 10Base5 and 10Base 2.
- Discover the Token Ring topology, its benefits and drawbacks, and the cabling, connectors, and other equipment that it uses.
- Learn what protocol suites are and what they do, and become familiar with the most prevalent protocol suites in use today.
- Delve into TCP/IP, the protocol suite used by the Internet, to discover how it works, how to use it for your network, and what utilities can help you when it goes awry.
- Learn about the network operating systems in use today, and the various features of these systems such as roles and security.
- Gain practical insights on how to prepare for inevitable network problems, how to respond when they occur, and what tools will help you unravel the snags on your network.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. CompTIA A+ certification is strongly recommended, but not required.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.