The CompTIA™ A+ Certification is a critical first step in opening the door to your IT career. Throughout this program, you will learn the essential skills needed to start a career working within the industry. This course is broken down into two sections focusing on motherboard components, storage devices, laptop components, troubleshooting, Microsoft Operating Systems, mobile operating systems, security threats, and much more. CompTIA™ A+ Certification is vendor neutral and internationally recognized, giving you a competitive advantage no matter what country you're working in and what hardware you're working with.
Prerequisite: Students should at least have a very basic knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems. Students should also have a Windows 7 operating system or higher and any current internet browser. Email access, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this course. The Online Lab System is compatible with PC and Mac computers. All students are provided detailed instructions for setting-up a home virtual lab system as well. You will receive a copy of A+ Guide to IT Technical Support, Ninth Edition, upon registration.
- Identify motherboard and laptop components.
- Compare and contrast types of display and network architecture devices.
- Troubleshoot RAM, CPU, RAID, networks, mobile devices, printers, PC security issues, and operating systems errors.
- Identify the features and requirements of the Microsoft Operating System, including Windows OS security settings, command line tools, and Control Panel utilities.
- Configure basic mobile device network connectivity and email.
- Understand basic cloud concepts and client-side virtualization.
- Identify common security threats on both desktop and mobile devices and follow security best practices.
Upon completion of the program, you will be given vouchers to take two CompTIA™ certification exams (CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902).
Materials included: A+ Guide to IT Technical Support, Ninth Edition
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.