Learn how to create an interactive online store complete with an online catalog of products, allowing customers to browse the catalog to select items, place them in a shopping cart, and complete an order. In this six-week online course, you'll see how to create a commercial online store using the PHP programming language and the MySQL database server.
We'll walk through the steps for developing a complete online store Web application. During the course, you'll see step-by-step how to create all of the software and database objects used in the application. The application consists of two parts, an administrative Web application allowing a store manager to post new products, alter product information, and process customer orders, and a customer Web application allowing customers to browse the catalog of products, select products for purchase, and check out using a shopping cart. At the end of the course, you'll be able to use these code templates to create your own online store application.
Prerequisite: PHP and MySQL Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Understand more advanced PHP programming topics, such as iterating through associative arrays, creating your own PHP functions, and using the PHP image manipulation functions.
- Learn advanced SQL techniques and manually create tables and views using the MySQL Console.
- Learn to create a logon-controlled administration Web page that allows only logged-on users to access application information.
- Create a full-feature checkout Web page to register customers and process their orders.
- Learn how to use the object-oriented programming features in PHP to create an application.
This course is part of the Advanced Web Design & Development Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, a PHP and MySQL development environment, completion of PHP and MySQL Introduction (or equivalent experience). During the first lesson in the course, you will be walked through the process of installing WAMP5 software, which provides a full PHP and MySQL development environment. You can download WAMP5 for free.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.