Build upon your current knowledge of programming logic by writing Graphical User Interface (GUI) applications in the C# programming language. This course will show you how to write professional looking applications with many of the common GUI controls, such as buttons, labels, text boxes, check boxes, and radio buttons. Learn how to put menus and toolbars into a program to make them easier to use. Discover how to make your program interact with sequential files, random access files, and databases.
Prerequisite: C# Programming Introduction (or equivalent experience)
- Learn how to use the Properties window to set properties for forms and buttons.
- Learn tools for getting user input and making the interface more user friendly.
- Learn various controls to maximize space and make more attractive applications.
- Learn how to write a class, inherit from a class, and use polymorphic references.
- Learn features of the RichTextBox, FontDialog, and ColorDialog controls.
- Learn how to write a program that will interact with a database.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop or Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (any edition), Microsoft Windows 7 or 8, Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.