Do you want to save money and prepare home-cooked meals that are fast, easy and so delicious your family won’t even realize they’re healthy? If so, then this is the cooking class for you! Find out just how simple it can be to prepare meals that are both nutritious and delicious. You’ll discover dozens of easy ways to make lowered-fat food taste terrific. You’ll learn a dietitian’s trade secrets for getting in and out of the kitchen quicker, and explore her tricks of the trade for encouraging reluctant family members to eat more healthfully. Get ready to discover over 50 exciting and easy lowered-fat recipes for tasty entrees, side dishes, desserts, and garnishes!
- Discover the functions of fat in cooking, and learn to identify high-fat ingredients in a recipe.
- Explore the functions of seasonings in lowered-fat cooking, and learn about flavor profiling and how to incorporate it into your meals.
- Make delicious meatless meals that will delight your taste buds and amaze your friends and family!
- Master tips and tricks for preparing a cycle menu, developing a grocery list, and shopping for groceries.
- Learn the basics of choosing and preparing lowered-fat side dishes, garnishes, and desserts; discover when to break the rule of mise en place; and find out how to evaluate nutrition research.
View a course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Add to Cart" button for the 'Self-Paced' class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.