This course is designed to prepare you for a lifetime of worthwhile personal financial planning. The tools you will learn are useful, realistic, and easy to work into your regular routine. They will help you gain control over the financial impact of the choices you make. You'll learn to create and use a budget, borrow and invest wisely, make intelligent decisions about insurance, and plan for your financial future. You'll develop a retirement savings plan, and you'll be better prepared to make large purchases and plan for taxes. You'll also learn the essentials of household bookkeeping and record-keeping requirements. And you'll discover the secret to understanding and controlling your credit rating to save money and increase your financial security.
- Learn about the day to day routine of personal finances and ways to save money when paying bills.
- Discover how to check your credit history.
- Learn what a budget is, how to create a budget that you can live with, and how to make your budget live with you.
- Explore information about mutual funds, investing in the stock market, and other investment options.
- Explore saving for college, weddings, a house, a car, and understand the choices you can make.
- Learn about the options open for retirement planning.
- Gain an overview of estate planning.
"This course is a real eye-opener. An amazing resource for healthy financial planning for everyone. I am truly grateful for all the information and the very easy and clear presentation of each subject. The supplemental materials were very helpful too. Thank you very much."
- Anonymous, Acworth, GA
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.