To know your kids is to love them. In this course, an experienced social worker will help you gain a deep understanding and appreciation of your adolescent's development and behavior. You'll uncover the secrets of the adolescent mind and gain valuable information on how they think, how they feel, how their identities develop, and what steps you can take to ensure that you are well prepared to meet the needs of the teens in your life.
- Explore a generalized overview of adolescent development, emphasizing the three stages of development.
- Learn about the changes to our thinking process when we reach adolescence and the impact this may have.
- Understand the role and purpose of family, friends, and peers on our social development during adolescence.
- Examine the issue of stress, frustration, and anxiety as it pertains to adolescence, with a focus on how we cope. look at the nature versus nurture argument; explore temperament, personality, and resiliency as it relates to both children and adults.
- Understand some abnormal behaviors or conditions common to adolescence.
"I liked the way that the course incorporated all the most recent research, especially in the area of the brain. The instructor was prompt and positive with her comments. Her responses added depth to the presented material. Thanks for a great first experience with online learning!"
- B. Thomas, Buford, GA
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.