Follow your child's lead and have fun while enhancing language development! In this fun and user-friendly course for parents, teachers, and caregivers, you will discover how children learn to process language and how they become proficient speakers and thinkers. This course will help you enrich your child's life by stimulating his or her continued speech, brain, and language development in an enjoyable, age-appropriate, and natural way.
- Learn about language from the aspect of listening and understanding, rather than speaking.
- Learn how you can positively impact brain development and the way a baby learns.
- Develop an understanding of the sequence in which a young child's sentences change and become more complex.
- Learn how the tongue, jaw and lips work to produce sounds of speech.
- Learn how to use sounds in order to help a child increase awareness of what their mouth is doing and also what they hear when they talk.
- Learn about the critical links between language development and learning to read and write.
"I appreciated the knowledge the instructor was able to give in the course. I learned quite a bit of information. I also very much appreciated her writing style, it was not over my head and she kept my interest throughout with her examples. Thank you for making my first on-line class experience a good one."
- Anonymous, Alpharetta, GA
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.