Family mediation covers a broad spectrum of conflict that impacts families including parent/children disputes, mediating aging issues, probate and estate disputes and family business conflicts. In this program you will prepare for a meaningful career where you can practice independently or use your skills in your current profession. A certificate program in Family Mediation can help you advance at your current place of work and add sought after skills to your resume as you seek a new career. This program will prepare you for careers in legal offices, human resources, private practice, nursing homes, and more. It will also help prepare you for the InAccord Certified Mediator certification.
Prerequisites: There are no pre-requisites for this program. Using a computer browser and Microsoft Word are necessary to complete the assignments and navigate the online campus. Students should have basic computer skills and be comfortable navigating the Internet and using e-mail. Students must be willing to learn to write at a professional level in order to generate contracts and fulfill various written tasks related to mediation and restorative justice.
Requirements: This program can be taken on a Mac or a PC. On a PC, it is compatible with Windows Vista and later operating systems and IE 8 and later browsers. On a PC, Microsoft Word 2003 or higher is also required. On a Mac, the program is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (with Java 6) and later operating systems, Firefox, and Chrome, and Safari latest browsers. We highly recommend that you use Internet Explorer in place of other web browsers. You must have the capability to submit your assignments in Microsoft Word documents only.
- Articulate the use of the InAccord® Conflict Analysis model for use family mediation
- Examine the Three Phases and Four Stages of the InAccord® model
- Explore the pre-interview and post interview phases of the InAccord® mediation as applied to family disputes
- Apply the Touchstone Skills of questioning, reflecting, and reframing to simulated mediation cases
- Apply InAccord® surveys to simulated cases and analyze the results
- Examine ways the conflict is generated in families
- Understand theories related to family systems and apply concepts to common disputes
- Understand the mental and physical effects of aging and its effects on families
- Examine probate and estate disputes and how mediation helps bring resolution
- Explore family business disputes and apply mediation to their resolution
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
This is a start anytime program. You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. You have 6 months to complete this course. You must make a 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.