Leadership skills can help you gain the respect and admiration of others, while also allowing you to enjoy success in your career and more control over your destiny. Contrary to popular belief, leadership skills can be learned and developed. Even if you don't hold a leadership position, this course will teach you how to use the principles of great leaders to achieve success in almost every aspect of your daily life.
- Define leadership and its key qualities, per the Kouzes/Posner model.
- Explore aspects of leadership responsibility: to individuals, to organizations, and to self.
- Examine types of assessments (for example, Myers Briggs) and provide opportunity to self-assess.
- Establish teams and cultures of teamwork.
- Explore the impact and styles of leadership communication (for example, storytelling).
- Discuss how skills of coaching and mentoring are useful to leaders.
- Explore relationship between strategic vision and leadership.
- Discuss how leaders create and change culture.
- Explore why and how leaders facilitate creative thinking.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.