If you have recently been promoted to a supervisory or management position or want to learn how to become a more effective manager, this course will help you master the basics of business by learning the language of management. You will learn how to make a successful transition from employee to manager and you'll learn how to manage your time so that you can deal with the constant demands of a managerial job.
- Learn what managers are and what they do, why they are needed, and how their various functions are defined.
- Explain the ways in which a supervisor can handle the challenges of delegation, performance management, and time management.
- Understand the importance of motivation in the workplace.
- Describe the focus and the impact of the various theories of motivation.
- Define conflict, negotiation, and problem-solving.
- Learn various models and techniques of problem solving.
- Apply the problem-solving model to an actual situation.
- Learn the relationship of implementation to the problem-solving model.
This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org
to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.