Learn what separates fantasy fiction from other types of fiction and create a system of magic as well as the different species that will live in the world you're developing. Discover the nuts and bolts of writing a fantasy novel and create an outline and theme for your book. Learn how to revise and edit your writing so that when you complete it, your book will be essentially a finished product. Explore options for publishing your book, including the differences between self-publishing and traditional publishing. Lastly, gain tips about how to stay motivated to complete your novel.
- Learn how fantasy differs from other types of fiction and genres and subgenres that comprise fantasy fiction.
- Discover the various types of fantasy worlds and how they differ.
- Create main and supporting characters and develop their roles in your novel.
- Write dialogue that effectively shows characterization, builds tension, and advances your plot.
- Gain post-writing tips for editing, publishing, and marketing your novel.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox, Internet Explorer (9.0 or above), Google Chrome, or Safari web browser, and Adobe PDF plug-in.
Upon registration, you will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.