From Harry Potter to Twilight, young adult fiction is one of the hottest genres for today's novels. This course shows you how to develop your own young adult story step-by-step, from structuring your plot to polishing your final manuscript. You'll learn how to connect with teens and young adults, write breathtaking action scenes, and create realistic dialogue. And best of all, you'll find out how to get published! Whether you're interested in writing fantasy, romance, science fiction, or historical novels, you'll learn everything you need to know to make your story a success.
- Discover what makes young adult fiction the most exciting choice for your writing.
- Create your characters, and give them goals and flaws that will bring your story to life.
- Bring your young adult story to life by creating conflict, suspense, and mystery.
- Experiment with three different viewpoint choices and two different tenses, and decide which works best for your young adult story.
- Discover surefire strategies for publishing your young adult fiction.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.