Travel Writing helps you develop the skills needed to become a successful travel writer. You'll learn how to translate what is seen, heard, tasted, touched, smelled and felt (intuitively and physically) into publishable articles and books. You'll understand the writing styles and methods needed to sell material in today's competitive market (including the how-to's of technical aspects of lead paragraphs, descriptive passages and the uses of interviews, quotes and facts). By the end of the course, you'll have the ability to write for the travel market. Other topics of the workshop include how to write query letters, how to produce articles, essays and books, trends in types of articles and books, grammar and writing skills refreshers, and marketing information.
- Learn what it takes to be a travel writer and especially how to think like one.
- Discover the power of keeping a travel journal to record details that will make your writing rich.
- Find out about the different types of travel articles and books, and get an overview of the process of writing and submitting them.
- Learn the ins and outs of making contacts, conducting interviews, and creating memorable titles for your travel pieces.
- Discover ways of generating new ideas, including the "Bubble Method," and learn how to outline effectively.
- Learn about the importance of research and how to do it effectively.
This course is part of the Creative Writing Certificate. For more information on this certificate, click here.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.