Whether you want to learn conversational Japanese for travel or just for fun, you'll find this course makes it easy and enjoyable for beginners to master the essentials of the Japanese language. Guided by your native Japanese instructor, you'll learn useful conversational phrases and vocabulary words, while getting a tour of some fascinating spots in Japan. You'll come away with cultural knowledge only an insider has. By the end of this course, you'll not only have basic conversational skills that will enable you to travel around the country easily, but you'll have discovered the heart of Japan!
- Learn to identify syllables and pronounce Japanese sounds.
- Learn basic daily greetings and customary phrases for introducing yourself.
- Get familiar with small numbers and the phrases needed to order beverages at a coffee shop.
- Learn to count to 100,000 and practice shopping in Japanese.
- Learn to say and ask about the locations of places, using desu and arimasu with new particles.
- Learn dining and restaurant-related words and phrases, and explore Japanese food culture.
- Learn to say months and dates and how to make a hotel reservation.
- Learn how to tell time as well as vocabulary and expressions related to train travel.
- Explore the unexpected, and learn useful expressions for handling emergencies or difficult situations.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.