Are you struggling to communicate with your Spanish-speaking patients? Whether you’re new to the Spanish language or just want a refresher, this course will give you the basic tools you need to bridge the communication gap. And forget about boring grammar charts! Instead, entertaining games and stories will make it easy to learn medical Spanish as you gain awareness about Latin American culture. You’ll start with simple words for everyday topics including colors, numbers, conversational phrases, family names, and words for asking questions. Next, you’ll discover how to ask about pain, symptoms, medical histories, insurance, and patients’ feelings. You’ll also learn how to talk about body parts, diets, and medical care and treatment.
- Master the letters of the Spanish alphabet, the numbers 0-19, and the simple rules for pronouncing Spanish words.
- Enhance your vocabulary with words to describe body parts, internal organs, and common medical conditions.
- Practice words for handling emergencies, describing pain, and instructing patients.
- Discover words for asking about common ailments, examining patients, and describing people and things.
- Examine Spanish vocabulary for pregnancy, delivery, and pediatric care.
- Take a look at Spanish words you can use in adult and geriatric care.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.