No matter what role we play in an organization, we are all affected by human resources. This course is designed to help people without experience in human resources to understand this very vital link in the organizational chain. It will prepare both managers and business owners to handle basic human resource functions in a way that will ensure the best possible result. In particular, attention is given to the hiring process, including ways to locate quality employees in a competitive labor market. Employee rights and the legal side of the human resource field are also covered.
- Become familiar with the human resource function in today’s organization including hiring and employee related duties, labor relations, and other common duties.
- Learn the process to initiate employee hiring and candidate review.
- Understand the completion of employee hiring through interview, background checks, and the hiring decision.
- Become familiar with laws that apply in the workplace including union-management, discrimination, wage and hour, safety, and other laws.
- Learn the importance of employee communications and the essentials of effective communication.
- Look at trends that impact the future of human resources and habits that foster human resource excellence.
This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org
to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.