Spirituality, religion, and culture play an important role in health and healing. Health care systems and health care professionals must recognize and understand a variety of spiritual and religious values, beliefs, and practices and their impact on health and healing.
25.00 Contact Hours
Participants: This certificate is relevant for registered nurses, nurse practitioners, licensed vocational nurses, practical nurses, nursing assistants, social workers, occupational therapists, recreation therapists, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, administrators, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, dieticians, educators, personal care assistants, volunteers, physicians, physician's assistants, chiropractors, clergy, physical fitness professionals, and adult children of aging parents.
The Spirituality, Health, and Healing Certificate consists of a total of 12 courses:
- Characteristics of Spirituality
- Spirituality, the Health Care Professional, and the Spiritual Care Provider
- Spiritual Rituals
- Spirituality, Religion, and Health
- Spirituality, Culture, and Health
- Spiritual Assessment and Spiritual Care
- Therapeutic Interventions for Healing
- Sacred Spaces, Healing Places
- Spiritual Care of the Dying
- Spirituality and the Grieving Process
- Spirituality, Religion, and Children
- Spiritual Dimensions of Aging
View a course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, and Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser. Certificate program must be completed within six weeks of the start date.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.