Master medical calculations in an engaging environment! In these fun and practical lessons, you’ll gain the medical math skills you need to do anything from calculating dosages to using scientific formulas. You’ll begin with a review of fractions, decimals, and percentages, and then cover the measurement systems and conversions used in the medical field. Before long, you’ll be doing real-world dosage calculations for oral, parenteral, and intravenous medications. You’ll also learn basic statistics with applications to the medical field. Whether you’re new to medical math or want to enhance your skills, this course will give you the confidence you need to perform calculations with ease.
- Understand how the metric system works, how the U.S. customary system works, and how to convert measurements within and between the two systems.
- Understand medication orders and perform medical calculations using ratios and proportions.
- Learn the details of dosing oral medications, and perform calculations for administering oral medications.
- Perform calculations so you can safely prepare and administer parenteral medications, such as insulin, heparin, and other injectable drugs.
- Perform dosing calculations so you can safely give medications to pediatric and geriatric patients.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.