Are you a creative person with an eye for design? If so, this course will show you how to transform plain living spaces into beautiful and functional rooms. You’ll delve into color theory, interior design styles and trends, spatial arrangements, floor plans, “green” design, and other basics. In addition, you’ll explore a range of interior design careers and get insider tips for entering this exciting and challenging field. As you master design skills step-by-step, you’ll complete your first project: a fully developed room design complete with spatial layout, lighting, and finish selections. Your new knowledge and hands-on practice will give you the confidence you need to start creating beautiful residential interiors for yourself and others.
- Discover all the areas where interior designers make their mark—from residential to commercial spaces—and begin to explore what it takes to be a professional interior designer.
- Learn about the scientific elements of color, and explore how to create color palettes to elicit desired emotions.
- Gain the basic knowledge you need to begin laying out and planning your interiors so you can start creating your own floor plans.
- Gain the knowledge to create a successful lighting installation that will support your intended design of the space, creating a dynamic and interesting environment.
- Learn what you need to set up and run your own personal interior design business, and get some words of wisdom from those who've been there before.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.