Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are always hearing things like "Try harder," "Pay attention," and "Sit still." And they'd love to do these things—but they don't know how! In this course, you'll learn practical ways to help children with ADHD control their behavior and succeed in school. These lessons, based on real students in real classrooms, will arm you with powerful strategies you can put to use immediately. In addition, you'll explore myths and facts about ADHD and see how this condition affects motivation, activity level, attention, and memory. By the time you're done, you'll have the skills and knowledge you need to help students with ADHD compensate for their problems and achieve their full potential.
- Learn the basics about ADHD: myths versus reality, common behaviors, executive functioning problems, and beginning strategies for success.
- Explore the issue of effort and how students with ADHD can learn to change their behavior when they understand more about their own brain chemistry.
- Gain an understanding of wandering attention in students with ADHD and interventions that can help.
- Understand how ADHD can impact academic performance in reading, writing, and math.
- Find out about additional tools that will enhance student focus, attention, and learning.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.