Differentiated assessment is the key to helping every student succeed—and no matter what grade you're teaching, this course will give you the tools you need to gather your assessment data quickly and easily. You'll begin by exploring strategies for performing pre-assessments, formative (ongoing) assessments, and summative assessments. Next, you'll discover how to identify and share learning goals, gather assessment information, adjust your instruction, and provide feedback to your students. Whether you're a new or experienced teacher, this course will provide you with a wealth of practical ideas you can start using in your classroom right away.
- See how differentiated assessment works in the classroom, what it can do for your students, and how you can take the first steps in determining students' readiness levels and learning styles.
- Learn how the pre-assessment, formative assessment, and summative assessment processes help us gather information about our students throughout the learning process.
- Motivate hard-to-reach students by using clickers, seating arrangements, question techniques, and jigsaw learning.
- Establish fair grading practices by using rubrics to grade students against standards, and explore common grading practices to avoid.
- Learn how to cope with challenges, avoid burnout, and create a road map to successfully implement DA in your classroom.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.