Ready to maximize your abilities in teaching science? You'll learn about foundational content in physical, life, and earth science, and ways to teach that content to your students. Discover specific teaching methods and science process skills, and learn how to improve the emotional climate in your classroom. Lots of examples and worksheets you can use in your own classroom are included. There's a big emphasis on the scientific method, and there's even an entire lesson devoted to science fairs!
- Understand the challenges to effective science instruction, and learn how to help students use their textbooks and memorize important information.
- Learn the vocabulary of research scientists, thoroughly understand the scientific method, and know how to teach your students to design valid experiments.
- Help your students appreciate the nature of science and the accomplishments of early scientists.
- Teach your students how to write a great research paper.
- Focus on foundational knowledge in physical science.
- Learn about three essential concepts in life science.
- Use concepts in earth science to teach students graphing skills.
- Help your students design and carry out great science fair projects.
View a course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.