Learn how to successfully meet the diverse needs of the disabled students in your classroom from an experienced special educator. We'll dissect the whole special education process, from working with individualized education programs (IEPs) to helping students struggling with reading comprehension, math skills, and writing.
We'll also talk about fun games you can incorporate, tips for modifying your classroom, and lots of tested methods for bringing out the best behavior in your students. Every teacher can have success teaching learning disabled kids. In this course, you'll discover easy, practical, and creative strategies that will help your struggling students find their light bulb moments!
- Understand what learning disabilities are and what they look like.
- Tackle the Individualized Education Program (IEP) with ease.
- Employ teaching strategies LD students can respond to.
- Discover strategies to help students who have problems with word identification, reading comprehension problems, written expression problems, and math problems.
- Modify your classroom to maximize success for LD students.
- Find out how to connect parents to the classroom with successful conferences.
"This was such a good course. I am a parent of an LD child and a former teacher, and this spells things out so simply. All classroom teachers should have to take this course. They would all benefit from it greatly. Thank you!"
- K. Lynch, Milton, GA
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3114 or email@example.com.