Learn what the newest research says about how children really learn to read and write and become a powerful guide to literacy development when you work with young children. Gain confidence in your ability to guide a child's literacy development, and take pleasure in seeing how even the littlest events can be really big steps in reading and writing success.
- Understand what literacy is and what research says about instruction.
- Appreciate the impact of language development upon literacy skills.
- Examine the impact of attention on learning to read and write.
- Know what reading skills to look for as a child enters school.
- Realize that many processes come together to create fluent readers.
"I learned more in this 6 week course than I did in my college education classes. I look forward to applying all this new information into my own classroom. Thank you very much!"
- K. Paulsen, Kennesaw, GA
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.