Create an effective resume, or improve the one you already have. Transform your resume into a powerful tool that will get you interviews. This workshop will lead you through a self-assessment series so you will have extensive knowledge about the product you are marketing--YOU! Learn different resume formats, how to write an employment objective, and tricks to writing persuasive cover letters. Make the most of your work experience. Know what to reveal in a resume, and what to keep to yourself. This course also covers the use of on-line resumes and Internet Resume Secrets.
- Identify the different parts of a resume and its purpose.
- Learn about resume rules and how they affect the development of a resume.
- Learn how to handle special skills and references on a resume.
- Develop a cover letter to accompany the resume.
- Learn how to put the finishing touches on a resume with proper formatting and proofreading.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and any type of word processor.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.