This course will help you succeed as a supply chain management professional. You'll master the fundamentals of supply chain management, including customer demand forecasting, master production scheduling (MPS), material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning, and production activity control (PAC).
Note: This course also includes essential information to help you prepare for internationally recognized supply chain and materials management certification examinations, including the Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) exam offered by The Association for Operations Management.
- Learn about APICS, professional certification, operating systems, the supply chain, and MRP II.
- Discover the power and requirements of sales and operations planning (S&OP).
- Learn about the basics of forecasting, including its nature, purpose, benefits, and objectives, as well as the forecast cycle.
- Learn how to apply manufacturing and capacity-use strategies and adhere to the requirements for effective master production scheduling.
- Discover the fundamentals of the master production schedule (MPS).
- Learn how important material requirements planning (MRP) is to supply chain management.
- Learn how to use strategic capacity management, rough cut capacity planning (RCCP), and capacity requirements planning (CRP) to effectively define, plan, measure, and control outputs.
- Discover the power of production activity control (PAC) and learn about its cycle, its elements, and its powerful scheduling method: linear programming.
- Find out how to develop and use Gantt charts, how to follow scheduling principles, and how to use priority rules for effective work order processing and management.
- Discover how to manage lead time and use input/output (I/O) control and operations overlapping.
This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org
to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.