Lean enterprise is a process designed to bring about rapid improvements to an organization's performance through an overhaul of the value stream. It is composed of a comprehensive set of elements, rules, and tools that focus on value, waste elimination, and continuous incremental improvement. Lean uses specific concepts that are intended to provide excellent quality products, delivered on time, at the lowest total cost, and only on the specific demand of the customer. Companies transitioning to a lean culture see radical improvements in profitability, service levels, productivity, asset utilization, cash flow, inventory levels, product designs, quality, cycle times, and product costs.
This course contains clear, concise information on transforming an enterprise to lean. The program includes examples, photographs, graphics, quizzes, progress tests, case studies, and many interactive features that provide tips, "try this" exercises, and in-depth information.
- Recognize how the application of lean principles can substantially improve the operating and financial performance of any business
- Understand how to recognize and eliminate waste
- Know how to determine value added, non-valued-added, and non-value-added-but-required activities
- Be able to identify the value stream, how it’s mapped, and how to identify the areas that require improvement
- Be able to develop a road map and an implementation plan
- Understand policy deployment and why this is a critical part of any lean implementation process
- Recognize the fundamental importance of the Kaizen process, how it's used in every aspect of a lean implementation, and how it's used to change the culture
- Learn about the concept of design for manufacture and assembly and how design influences cost
- Gain a broad understanding of lean tools like 5S, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Kanban, visual workplace, error-proofing, and Scheduling
- Understand the role of accounting and how lean metrics must replace traditional metrics
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating your completion of PDUs equal to the number of hours of this course. Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about PMI's credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
Upon registering, you are given an initial six months to complete this program. Should you need additional time beyond six months, you may be able to obtain an extension.
The most commonly used lean forms will be available for download in Microsoft Excel format. Many of these forms are interactive and will perform calculations or build charts to be used in presentations. Students who do not have Excel may download a Excel viewer, which will be provided.
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. You have 6 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion. There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.