Learn how to effectively apply the fundamentals of total quality. Understand what quality is and learn about the history of the quality movement. Discover the role of customers in quality and determine the major elements of a quality system. Master key concepts such as the cost of nonquality, variation, and total employee involvement (TEI). Increase your value to your company by learning about various motivational models, leadership, and teamwork. Determine how to effectively apply quality standards by creating and implementing internal and external auditing activities. Learn the ins and outs of ISO 9000, ISO 14000, and the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- Understand what quality is and how it's defined, learn about the history of the quality movement, and differentiate between Six Sigma and total quality management (TQM).
- Discover the role of customers in quality, the major elements of a quality system, the nature of quality objectives, and the components of an effective quality organization.
- Get an overview of the various motivational models, discover the reasons for resistance to change, and learn how to overcome them.
- Discover the elements of total employee involvement (TEI), and learn how to create sound performance measurements.
- Determine how to best use standards, and understand how auditing can be used to improve processes.
- Understand the ins and outs of ISO 9000, and learn how you can implement this quality standard at your organization.
- Find out why ISO 14000 is so vital to our environment, and learn about other quality standards and systems.
Note: This course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), R.E.P. #3213. At the end of this course, you'll receive a certificate indicating the number of hours of this course, which you can then record with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). Please visit www.pmi.org to learn more about Project Management Institute (PMI®)'s credentials and how they may fit into your continuing education plans.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.