If you have an art or a craft and you dream about starting your own home-based or small business, this is the course for you! You'll learn how to start your own arts and crafts business from a professional artist. You'll discover how to find your niche within your chosen craft and how to create your own unique business identity. You'll also see what makes marketing in the arts and crafts business different from marketing in most other enterprises, and you'll find a sales approach that meshes with your personality and preserves your creative integrity.
- Discover how to find your niche within your chosen craft, and learn about resources for spotting trends and making your business a success.
- Learn what's important in choosing your business name, how to secure it, and how to go about designing an effective logo.
- Learn how to design a work environment that increases productivity and how to find your materials at wholesale prices.
- Discover what makes marketing in the arts and crafts business uniquely different from marketing in most other enterprises.
- Understand what you need to do to safeguard your ownership of your work, how to price your work effectively, and how to protect yourself against loss.
- Become familiar with wholesale, consignment, and gallery selling techniques in the arts and crafts market.
- Discover the opportunities at your fingertips for selling your crafts online, and explore the ways you can sell through craft parties and even in your own retail store!
- See how to find the best craft shows, how to get into them, and what you'll need to be successful in the craft show circuit.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.