Develop the skills and strategies you need to become an integral part of one of America’s fastest growing service sectors. In this course, a seasoned veteran in the nonprofit management field will show you how to transform your good intentions into a professional plan of action. You'll understand the unique characteristics of nonprofit organizations while mastering the core knowledge necessary to become an effective leader in the nonprofit arena.
- Identify common nonprofit terms.
- Explore how a nonprofit is structured.
- Understand the role of the executive director, board of directors, committees, and volunteers.
- Be able to conduct a successful meeting.
- Understand and create membership programs, benefits and services.
- Learn the basic terms and skills required in nonprofit financial management.
- Understand the basic practices and procedures involved in managing nonprofit special events.
- Recognize the basic components of communicating with the public, media and constituents.
- Understand nonprofit job skills and identify nonprofit job markets.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Certificate.
View full course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or email@example.com.