Home-Based businesses are the hottest business trend of the decade! Learn how to be your own boss and eliminate the stress of having a job. The benefits of working from home are endless! Earn what you deserve, be independent, have tax deductions, do away with traffic, office politics and more! Learn how to develop the entrepreneurial qualities that you will need to succeed! This class is a great way to start your own business or enhance the one you already have.
- Consider the advantages and challenges of working at home, and discover if you're an entrepreneur at heart.
- Understand the details involved in naming your business and designing a logo, and get an overview of the legal protections you have for your business and how to secure them.
- Learn about zoning laws, licenses, permits, and other regulations required in order to operate a home-based business, and explore insurance issues.
- Understand how crucial the business plan is to your success, and learn how to put one together.
- Walk through the steps of creating a marketing plan, which include defining your marketing objectives, identifying your marketplace, sizing up your competition, developing strategies for getting the word out, and determining pricing.
- Learn how to organize your office and your time to be your most effective, efficient, and profitable.
View a course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)and e-mail.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Add to Cart" button for the 'Self-Paced' class. This site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here. Create a Username and Password. Once you pay and add your class at the classroom site, you will be verified to access your class after 5PM on Wednesday. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-6693 or at email@example.com.